Assistant General Manager
7118 Bertner Avenue
Houston, TX 77030
Current Job Openings
- Assistant General Manager
- Catering & Events Sales Manager
- Chinese Sous Chef
- Convention Service Manager
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Guest Room Attendant
- Hotel Maintenance Engineer
- Laundry Attendant
- Line Cook
- Night Audit
- Pastry Chef
- Security / Loss Prevention
- Senior Group Sales Manager
- Sushi Sous Chef
- Valet Attendant
Assistant General Manager
Blossom Hotel Houston
Responsible for supporting all aspects of the operation including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment. Assists the General Manager in leading the team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key customers and is involved in the sales process.
- Required 3 to 5years of progressive experience in the Hospitality field as General Manager or Asst General Manager.
- Experience supervising Engineering, Loss Prevention, Rooms, Reservations.
- Knowledge with Accounting / F&B processes preferably.
- Opera Cloud experience preferred.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k
- Employee assistance program
- Free life insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Hotel discount program, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Blossom Hotel Houston
267 Room Hotel
Welcome to Blossom Hotel Houston
Moments Away, A World Apart.
Blossom Hotel is Houston’s newest and most distinctive luxury destination for business and leisure. Located minutes from the nations largest medical and research community at Texas Medical Center, near NRG Stadium and Rice University.
Personalized, attentive service, public spaces with panache and spacious accommodations outfitted with thoughtful touches are hallmarks of the distinctive property, where premier amenities range from a rooftop pool with expansive skyline views to a plethora of elegant meeting and event spaces ideal for memorable occasions.
Positioned at the axis of innovation and inspiration, guests can enjoy the diversity of nearby neighborhoods, world-class dining options and attractions via a complimentary Mercedes-Benz shuttle -within a three-mile radius and subject to availability – or conveniently situated METRORail line.
Find refuge at Blossom Hotel, a tranquil oasis with the energy of the city at its doorstep. Serenity sets the tone for our guestrooms and suites with luxurious finishes and refined décor. Start your morning in a spacious living area, bathed in natural light, or relax and rejuvenate after a long day in your spa-like bathroom, wrapped in marble and featuring premium bath products, rainfall shower and plush robes.
Blossom Hotel offers a collection of regal meeting and event venues that encompass over 9,000 square feet. Highlights include the nearly 3,000-square-foot Luna Ballroom and its approximately 1,500-square-foot pre-function area, which accommodate groups of up to 250. Geared to the most discerning of event planners, the hotel puts food, service and experience at a premium and offers a truly distinctive environment for gatherings ranging in size from intimate to grand.
The hotel’s ten unique meeting and event spaces are not only visually striking, but also offer abundant natural light and the latest audio/visual technologies for seamless and stress-free presentation capabilities.
Whether you are celebrating a major life event or hosting an important business meeting, Blossom strives to offer an unrivaled experience with an unmatched level of service.