Dining Room Assistant
431 W 7th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Dining Room Assistant
Los Angeles Athletic Club
Compensation: $19.73 per hour
For more than 142 years, The Los Angeles Athletic Club has remained dedicated to its mission of providing for the body, mind, and spirit of its members. Our private club includes state-of-the-art athletic and spa facilities, award-winning restaurants, bars, luxury meeting rooms, special event rooms, 72 hotel rooms, and an array of social, business, and athletic events.
Join our team! We have an immediate openings for individuals who are committed to elevating the member and guest experience to fill the position of a Part-Time and Full-Time Dining Room Assistant.
This position contributes to the success of Los Angeles Athletic Club by creating positive experiences for every member and guest who visits the club by being welcoming, friendly, attentive, and supporting service staff during each dining engagement for excellent service.
- Arrives to work on time in proper uniform.
- Prepare for service according to company procedures including inspection for adequate supplies, procuring additional product as necessary.
- Assemble back station and dining room for service. Including but not limited to; appropriate menus distributed, bus station set, water and coffee service stocked.
- Greet everyone as they enter the dining area.
- Be fluent with all menus and specials; possess the ability to suggestively sell items.
- Assemble service station in adherence with shift guidelines, including supplemental equipment.
- Stock and organize the Expeditor Food Line; observe and communicate any specials or item shortages to the team.
- Ensure all food orders meet club standards and are delivered properly to the table and seat number.
- Be the line of communication between both service and culinary teams, i.e. dietary restrictions, special orders or requests.
- Assist with table maintenance, refill waters and mark tables between courses.
- Greet guests, clear, and reset tables as needed.
- Facilitate to go orders and room service requests.
- Assist servers and bartender as needed, including receiving and entering orders into POS as business dictates
- Present a positive attitude and professional appearance at all time
- Improve the guest experience with suggestive selling and thorough menu knowledge
- Complete daily side work and shift paperwork in adherence with property specifications
- Whenever possible, address members by name.
- Maintain a clean and organized dining room and work area.
- Visually inspect all work areas, food service and ensure they are clean and presentable to guests.
- Complies with all Food and Beverage regulations and liquor laws, including but not limited to checking ID before serving liquor to a member/guest that looks under 30 years of age, etc.
- Support / work other food & beverage outlets as business dictates.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATION:
- Ideal: Minimum of one (1) year of experience in same or similar positions in the Food & Beverage industry
- Required: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Ideal: Food Handlers & Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Certifications
- Required: At least 21 (21) years of age.
- Required: Ability to obtain Food Handlers and Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Certificate within 30 days of hire
- Required: Reliable and punctual attendance.
- Required: Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers
- Required: Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
- Required: Visually inspect all work areas, food service
- Required: Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
- Required: Read and write (English); Bi-lingual oral, speech, and writing skills in and additional language is an asset in this position
- Required: Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Required: Strong presentation skills; convey messages clearly and confidently; persuade and effect change positively.
- Required: Capable of working effectively independently with minimal supervision
- Required: Strong analytical skills.
- Required: High attention to detail and accuracy
- Required: Ability to elicit and accept constructive feedback.
We offer excellent Part Time and Full Time Benefits Packages!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and many other ancillary and life wellness benefits.
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Complimentary Associate Meal per shift
- Professional development and opportunities to grow within a well-respected company
- Hotel Room Discounts, Associate Company Paid Parking, and more!
Schedule: Wednesday – Sunday, weekend availability required
Pay: Hourly $19.73 USD
Pre-employment background check required, and drug screen may apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer; all individuals are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Los Angeles Athletic Club
72 Room Hotel
Your Home Away From Home.
The Los Angeles Athletic Club is a private club in Downtown Los Angeles that also houses a boutique hotel on the top three floors of the 12-story historic landmark building. A stay at a historic private club is an entirely unique experience. Collapse onto cool cotton sheets after a rigorous workout in the Athletic Club or a game of squash. Rejuvenate in our spa with a steam or massage, and indulge in one of our signature cocktails offered at our award-winning bar, Invention.