Lead Bartender - J's Restaurant
200 Hi Circle North
Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
Current Job Openings
- A/V Technician
- Accounts Payable
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Airport Lineperson
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Attendant / Barista - Market Shop
- Bartender - Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Bartender - J's Restaurant
- Bartender - The Waterfront
- Bartender - The Yacht Club
- Bartender - Whitewater 360 Sports Bar
- Bell / Valet Attendant
- Busperson / DRA - Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Busperson / DRA - J's Restaurant
- Busperson / DRA - The Waterfront
- Busperson / DRA - The Yacht Club
- Busperson / DRA - Whitewater 360 Sports Bar
- Conference Services Manager
- Culinary Internships
- Director of Engineering
- Director of Food & Beverage - Tower Complex
- Director of Marina
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Door Attendant
- Engineering Administrative Assistant
- Executive Chef - Resort Outlet
- Executive Meetings Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Course Equipment Mechanic
- Golf Intern 2024
- Golf Member Services Attendant / Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Starter / Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Sales Coordinator
- Guest Services Manager
- Host - Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Host - J's Restaurant
- Host - The Waterfront
- Host - The Yacht Club
- Hotel / Resort Facilities Maintenance - Painter
- Hotel / Resort Facilities Maintenance - Pool Maintenance Supervisor
- Hotel / Resort Facilities Maintenance Engineer - Pool Technician
- Hotel / Resort Facilities Maintenance Engineer (AM)
- Hotel / Resort Facilities Maintenance Engineer (PM)
- Hotel/Resort Facilities Maintenance - Commercial Laundry Mechanic
- Hotel/Resort Facilities Maintenance - HVAC Supervisor
- Hotel/Resort Facilities Maintenance - Kitchen Mechanic
- Irrigation Technician - Agronomy
- Lead Bartender - Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Lead Bartender - J's Restaurant
- Lead Bartender - The Waterfront
- Lead Bartender - The Yacht Club
- Lead Bartender - Whitewater 360 Sports Bar
- Lead Host - Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Lead Host - J's Restaurant
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Pastry Chef
- Pastry Internships
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Print Production Coordinator
- Project Coordinator
- Public Area Attendant - Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Public Area Attendant - The Waterfront
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Reservations Rapid Response Agent
- Resort Fleet Coordinator
- Restaurant Server - Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Restaurant Server - J's Restaurant
- Restaurant Server - The Yacht Club
- Restaurant Server - Whitewater 360 Sports Bar
- Restaurant Server - Yacht Club Pool
- Restaurant Supervisor - Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Restaurant Supervisor - Slick Rock Grill
- Sommelier / Beverage Manager
- Sous Chef
- Spa Front Desk - Concierge
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Tennis Department Maintenance
- Valet / Driver
Lead Bartender - J's Restaurant
Horseshoe Bay Resort
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation, paid Holidays
- 401k plan with employer match
- Long and short-term Disability
- Major Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Limited access to some resort amenities (Golf, etc)
- Retail and dining discounts
- Discounts at all Crescent Hotels & Resorts properties
The lake life is calling. Where genuine Texas Hospitality meets luxury, Horseshoe Bay Resort is nestled on the shores of beautiful Lake LBJ in the Central Texas Hill Country. We’re on 17,000 acres with close proximity to Austin, multiple lakes, State Parks, and some of the best golf in the United States; it’s an outdoor lover’s dream. When you work in paradise, is it still called work?
No matter your career destination, we can help you get there!
With our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging, everyone can create their own success story at Horseshoe Bay Resort. Great benefits packages, subsidized housing, competitive pay, and scheduled reviews and raises, growth opportunity through our Manager in Training Program (MIT), and fun associate outings and events throughout the year are just a few of the MANY reasons to join our team. What are you waiting for?
- Associate housing and shuttle service
- Weekly meal subsidies
- Golf and Amenity Privileges*
- Associate discounts
- Retail and Dining at Horseshoe Bay Resort
- Discounts at over 100 Crescent Hotels & Resorts properties throughout the country.
Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Associate Relief Fund
*Privileges based on occupancy and business levels
In addition to current daily duties, will lead and direct shift Associates in absence of Restaurant Manager and Supervisor, or as requested. The Lead’s responsibilities include modifying shift schedule if needed, handling Associate no-shows, delegating tasks, provide guidance and additional hands-on training of Associates as needed, and reporting any issues to the Manager.
Bartender is to mix and serve alcoholic beverages using proper service execution, and in accordance to the law. Responsible for providing excellent service to our members and guests. Resort wide cocktails are to be made using recipe provided.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Possess specific knowledge of house wines, beer and liquor selections, up-selling where applicable; possess thorough menu knowledge.
- Taking a guest order you are required to perform direct communication with the client; along with proper service execution.
- Adhere to strict drink recipe portions, in regards to law, sanitation, and service excellence represent these standards.
- Requisition liquor and supplies needed; par list must be kept.
- Daily exchange of information is imperative between the Restaurant Manager and Assistant Restaurant Manager, as well as line level associates.
- Pre-shifts with fellow staff and management.
- Complete daily shift operation report.
- Arrange and stock bar with supplies and condiments to specifications.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to specification.
- Clean up after last guest leaves and secure the area as directed.
- Ensure clean and sanitary conditions at all times.
- Execution of steps of service and company standards.
- Execution of BEOs as needed.
- Minimum age requirement – 18+; prefer 21+
- TABC Certificate
- Food Handler’s Certificate
- Previous bartender experience, preferably in a resort setting is valued.
- Encourage OSHA Hazard Communication Standard training and certification.
- Requires problem solving abilities.
- Requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Comprehend reading materials, speak, read and write English; other languages valuable.
- Impeccable standards of appearance.
- Maintains proper associate uniform standards and footwear which is slip resistant, enclosed toe and heel.
- Proper treatment and storage of food/company equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Texas Hill Country Careers - Join The Team At Horseshoe Bay Resort
Explore exciting career opportunities with opportunity for upward mobility, generous benefits packages, and employee housing opportunities.
Horseshoe Bay Resort is currently hiring in various departments across the resort including Agriculture, Golf, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Marketing & Sales, and more! Begin your career at our exceptional, AAA-four diamond golf resort on the shores of Lake LBJ with diverse amenities and luxurious accommodations located in the highly desirable Texas Hill Country.